I’ve been making these cookies for so many years! I love to make these cookies for other people for holidays, gifts, or gatherings. They are always a HUGE hit! If you like soft chocolate chip cookies, this is the recipe for you. The secret to the creamy softness is the gelatin, as well as taking the cookies out as soon as they’re almost done and letting them sit on the pan to cool off for at least 10 minutes before trying to move them off the pan. If you don’t wait for them to firm up, they turn into destroyed mush cookies. 🙂 If you time it just right, they will be super soft and creamy tasting, but not raw dough. SO GOOD. If you cook them all the way and they get crunchier they’re still really good but its just not the same! I also made these with whole wheat flour because its all I had, so they don’t look as good as golden brown cookies made with white flour, but they’re every bit as good! I didn’t notice a difference in the taste. They just tasted like yummy cookies. Anyways. Here you go!!
- 2 1/4 cups flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 cup softened butter
- 1 package plain gelatin
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 3/4 cups brown sugar
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 12 oz. package semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Mix flour and baking soda together.
- Cream butter and sugars together.
- Add gelatin and vanilla.
- Mix in 2 eggs.
- Mix the wet mixture and the dry until fully mixed.
- Add chocolate chips.
- Form dough into round balls and make sure they're at least 1 inch apart on greased baking sheet.
- Bake at 375 for 8-10 minutes. Take them out just as they are barely done, and let them sit on the baking sheet to cool at least 10 minutes before moving off the pan.