My midwife and some of my mom friends have been reminding me about the importance of consuming lots of protein while pregnant so I’ve been on a quest to find some new protein rich snack ideas to for me to munch on between meals. I am now 10 weeks along so my first trimester is almost coming to an end but I’m still quite a bit hungrier than normal and need lots of snacks! Apples with peanut butter has been a favorite lately. I’m also loving string cheese, and later today I’ll be making a big batch of hummus! These greek frozen yogurt parfait bars are another great idea that’s full of protein. What’s awesome about these is that they can be for breakfast, dessert, or just a snack. They’re sweet, but also sugar free so there’s no guilt chowing down on these. Check out the recipe and let me know if you make it!
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links that earn me a small commission if you make a purchase through them. It does not cost you extra. I only link to things I love myself!
To sweeten the plain yogurt I use erythritol which is an all natural calorie free sweetener. It is my favorite zero calorie sweetener because it has no weird aftertaste to me like stevia does. I’m not a fan of stevia usually. You can purchase a bag of erythritol here. A little goes a long way because it is sweeter than regular sugar. If you don’t have this, you could also use honey or maple syrup to sweeten your yogurt! Just add a tablespoon or two and taste it to see if you need more. 🙂
- 1 32 oz tub of plain greek yogurt
- 3+ tbs erythritol
- 1 tbs vanilla extract
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 tbs+ raw honey
- 1 tbs+ coconut oil
- Fresh fruit of Choice
- To make granola, spread plain oats on a baking sheet and toast in the oven at 350 for about 15 minutes. They should smell fragrant.
- Melt coconut oil and honey together. Mix honey mixture with the toasted oats and spread it back out on baking sheet.
- Sprinkle a generous amount of cinnamon over oat mixture. Go crazy!
- Put your pan back in the oven and turn the oven off. The oats will toast a bit more while the oven is cooling off.
- Take out of oven and cool completely. The oats will get hard and sticky! Scrape them up when they're done cooling.
- For yogurt, empty plain greek yogurt into a bowl and add 3tbs erythritol and vanilla extract. Mix well. Taste to see if it is sweet enough for you. If you like it really sweet, add a bit more!
- Put your sweetened vanilla yogurt down into a glass baking pan and top with granola and fresh cut fruit. I used raspberries!
- Freeze a couple hours, or until fully frozen. Cut into bars and keep in a freezer safe dish in the freezer.