Hey y’all! First off I wanted to say sorry for being MIA! I feel like I’m really falling behind with this blogging stuff!! My goal is to blog 2 times a week and its been more like 1 lately because life and work is getting busier! I hope to get more organized and better at writing posts ahead of time so I have things to share with you planned in advance! So far I’m just not that organized. Haha!
Today I’m sharing a recent recipe I made up on a whim that turned out super delicious! I have a scalloped potatoes recipe I got from my Nanny that is delicious and will probably still be my go-to scalloped potatoes recipe because its so simple, but this one is extra extra creamy so its perfect for a special meal when you want to go all out! Ryan’s family and I recently went to one of my favorite steakhouses here in Nashville called Stoney River Legendary Steaks. It is SO GOOD. And this past time we went our server told us her favorite side was the scalloped potatoes…I was dumb and went with my usual mashed potatoes but Ryan got the scalloped and boy was I jealous! They were the best scalloped potatoes I’ve ever tried. They were so creamy and rich! I tasted cream cheese in the sauce right away and knew I wanted to create a version of it myself!! Here’s what I came up with.
- 3 potatoes
- 1 cup milk
- 3 oz cream cheese
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 4 tbs butter
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1/2 onion
- 1 cup (separated) cheddar cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
- Peel your potatoes, then using a mandolin slicer, slice up your potatoes nice and thin!
- Dice half of an onion and mince your cloves of garlic- Add to a saucepan.
- Add butter and cream cheese to saucepan and cook on medium heat until onions and garlic are fragrant, about 5 minutes.
- Add sour cream, milk, and 1/2 cup of your cheddar cheese. and stir until everything is melted.
- Add your slices of potato and cook about 15 minutes, stirring well to coat your potato slices in the cheesy sauce.
- Cook on stovetop until potatoes are almost cooked, but not quite done.
- Pour cheesy potato mixture into a baking dish and top with remaining 1/2 cup cheese.
- Bake at 350 10-20 minutes at around 350 to finish cooking the potatoes and melt the cheese on top.
Thanks for reading and I hope you’ll bear with me as I get my blogging act together. 😉 I have lots of great posts coming soon like homemade natural sunscreen, why I take a daily collagen supplement, natural bug spray recipe, and of course lots of pretty photos and recipes as I come up with em!