Hey y’all! I recently made energy bites for the first time. It was so easy! These are so great because its so easy to wing it and add extra stuff you have in the cabinets! These are sugar free (except the chocolate chips!) and have lots of healthy ingredients to give you an energy boost like peanut butter, raw honey, oats, chia seeds, and more. You could make sooo many different versions of these! I wanted to share what I came up with because I think its pretty darn tasty! I love the idea of a healthy energy-filled snack I can grab when I’m hungry. (Which is all the time.) And I also love the idea of making these around my due date to have them as a labor snack! I will need all the extra energy and fuel I can get and having these on hand will be so perfect. 🙂 Oh! And one thing I particularly love about these is the crisped rice in them. It just gives them a delicious texture that I think I would really miss without it!
- 1 cup oats
- 1 cup crisped rice cereal
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup unsweetened coconut
- 2 tbs chia seeds
- 3/4 cups peanut butter
- 1/3 cups raw honey
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Mix all ingredients in a bowl by hand. I don't recommend the food processor method because it would break down the ingredients too much. They're better kept whole! Plus, who likes cleaning all the parts of a food processor? 🙂
- Make balls out of the mixture and put on wax paper and put that in the fridge for about 30 minutes so the balls will "set up" a bit.
- Store in a bowl in the fridge and enjoy!!
What ingredients would you add to these to change it up!? Let me know your brilliant ideas in the comments. And let me know if you have any other healthy energy