Hey y’all! So I have a new recipe for you and its perfect for summer! Broccoli kale summer salad came as the result of me not knowing what to make for dinner and throwing together what I had in the fridge. 🙂 My midwife had been talking to me about the importance of eating greens in pregnancy! So I went to the store and bought kale and spinach. I don’t normally cook with those things for some reason, but I found that they’re both pretty easy to just throw into other things I cook and I barely notice them. For this salad I wanted something fresh and light that would be healthy. I try to eat a balance of healthy and fulfilling meals. 😉 This recipe is so customizable, you could add other things to it or omit things you don’t want. It could easily be made vegetarian! There are also lots of dressings that would be good on it! I wanted something light and tangy so I came up with a delicious lemon raspberry vinaigrette that was good, but the next day for the leftovers I was craving creamy dressing and found out it was also great with ranch! Have fun and let me know if you try this or any variation of it!
- I bunch broccoli chopped
- 2-3 kale leaves chopped finely
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 5 pieces of bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1/2 a yellow onion, chopped
- 6 oz container of blueberries
- grilled chicken (opt)
- For raspberry vinaigrette:
- 3 tbs raspberry jam
- 2/3 cups olive oil
- 1/3 cup white wine vinegar
- salt & pepper to taste
- Lemon juice to taste (opt.)
- Toss all salad ingredients together!
- For dressing, add all ingredients to a blender and blend until well mixed. I used a lemon infused olive oil which added a really fresh lemony taste that went great with the raspberry! You can use regular olive oil for regular raspberry vinaigrette or also add a splash of lemon juice to get that lemon tang!
- Top salad with dressing of choice! (Ranch is also delicious on it!)