Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links that earn me a small commission if you make a purchase through them. I always recommend things I love myself and it doesn’t cost any extra to you!
Hey y’all! I’ve got another natural beauty product recipe for you guys! DIY stretch mark prevention cream! A few months before I got pregnant I started using this homemade cream in order to hopefully keep my skin extra moisturized and improve elasticity to prevent stretch marks. This cream is good for a whole lot more than just preventing stretch marks so you definitely don’t need to be pregnant to use this, although that was the main point of me creating it. It has nourishing butters and oils in it that are healthy and great for skin in general! The few ingredients you need are coconut oil, Shea butter (I used unrefined shea butter you can get here!), cocoa butter (get it here!), vitamin e oil (Buy here), frankincense essential oil (I used Boswellia carterii frankincense from Eden’s Garden and highly recommend it for this cream, although other varieties will substitute fine. You can pick some up here!), and lavender essential oil (Buy Eden’s Garden here!)
The one perk about this recipe in comparison to my other DIY creams is that this one doesn’t require dirtying up your mixer to whip the oils and butters! I add the oils and butters to a glass measuring cup and microwave them to melt them and that is it! See the detailed instructions below!
- Coconut Oil
- Shea Butter
- Cocoa Butter
- Frankincense Essential Oil
- Lavender Essential Oil
- Vitamin E Oil
- This recipe makes a good bit of cream! About three small jars full. (See photo for a rough estimate)
- Put equal parts of coconut oil, cocoa butter, and shea butter in a 2 cup glass measuring cup. Just guesstimate on try to make the three oils/butters as equal as possible.
- Microwave for about a minute and stir. Repeat until all the butters and oils are fully melted. If you need to add a bit more to measure up to 2 cups, you can do that! It usually takes a couple minutes with my microwave. The cocoa butter melts last.
- Once your oils and butters are liquified, add 2 tsp of vitamin e oil and stir to incorporate.
- Pour your liquid into your jar(s) of choice! I like to use three small jars so they will be more accessible. Add 10 drops of frankincense and 10 drops of lavender to each small jar (if you use three jars.) If you're using more or less jars, you can just add 30 drops of each essential oil to the whole thing before pouring it into your jars to get the ratio correct.
- Allow mixture to cool before use.
I promise every post won’t be pregnancy or baby themed on here but that’s just what I’ve got for now. 😉 Now that I’ve got my energy back I hope to post a bit more and get creative in the kitchen some more! Stay tuned and thanks for reading! 🙂